Tuesday, April 03, 2007

 

Steamy weekend...

And the case of the missing card reader...

Over the past weekend, my parents asked to be brought to the Singapore Botanical Gardens (SBG)... They said they had not been there for 20 years (or more) and would like to go look see since they will be free that day...

And so, with my sister refusing to budge out of her bed on a beautiful cooling Sunday morning, I drove my parents to SBG...

I never imagined that the parking facilities are so 'advanced' for a park... :p And so many people too... I like the parking charges... Only $0.02 per minute... Quite cool...

Anyway, it was a LONG walk thereafter... We walked from the Orchard emtrance ALMOST to the Bt Timah side... It had rained earlier in the morning, so it was cool, but it was DAMN humid, thus the steamy thingie... My tee was totally wet after we were back to the Taman Serasi Food Garden... And I had to bring along my DSLR too...

Anyway, I almost bought an S$80 orchid... SOooooo beautiful, the flowers... But then my mum reminded me of what a horrible orchid gardener I am and saved me the S$80... :p

I'll show pictures... But I somehow cannot find my card reader!... And thus cannot download the pictures from my CF card... It is not to be found anyway... Not in my office, not in my bags, not in my room, not around the house... Strange... This is a case of the mysterious missing card reader!... Seems like I have to buy meself another one... What a waste of money... Especially now when the road tax and the car insurance bill just reached me... My whole of May's pay will be going to these payments!...

So, till I get the new card reader!... :p I'll show the pictures of the flowers at SBG then... :) Maybe I should post the second part of my last rural Singapore tour first... :)

Thanks for reading...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?