Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 

Long time no post... Time for some updates...

Yupz... Its been more than a week without new posts and about 2 weeks since the last pic... :p Getting lazy...

Let me see... Ok, the new wood for the new scape for my 4footer had finally sank. *Horray!*... This weekend can finally complete my scape... Unless my hand itchy and decide to buy new plants... Going for a 'valley look' this time... Hope it will be good... The plants are all settling and growing, with the exception of my APP (Ah Pek Plant, Elatine triandra) not growing in some places. Think my Yamato shrimps and the big, fat SAEs are digging up the plants when they dining nearby... *Grrr...* Will post pics of this scape when the look is 'finalised'... :p

The Endler's tank had been converted to a shrimp and snail only tank... The pelia is gone... Frogbits 80% also gone... The ammonia spike must have burnt them bad... Good news is my 3 CRS are fine! *Phew*... Found 2 diamonds too... Hopefully the third one is also fine but just hiding... Thinking of re-scaping the tank now... Friend is offering me a pair of Endler's to start again... I am thinking hard now... Won't want the fish to dine on the baby shrimplets again eh... But no fish also means mosquitoes might breed in the tank if given the chance... *Hmm*...

Thinking of setting up a proper paludarium now for the froggie and the newts... Now they are in a temporary 14" tank... $$$... Also need to think hard on the hardware... And no place for the tank now... Might need a room re-vamp or a new cabinet! *Yikes!*...

Oh, comfirmed my newts are of 2 different species... Found one of the bigger paddletailed ones doing a crocodile turn with one of the smaller Chinese firebellies... So scared that they might be hurt... That's why going to spend money to set up the paludarium for the Chinese firebellies...

This is a paddletailed newt:

These are Chinese Firebelly newts:

This is the reed (supposedly) frog:

Will try to take a good pic of my frog... It is a one-eyed frog that I rescued from the LFS from being fed to LHs or aros... Its 2 companions died, supposedly from refusal to feed...

Ok, more next time... And hopefully it will be sooner too... :)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?