Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

Mumblings...

Someone mentioned on Aquatic Quotient that he is building a fish room... That thread put ideas into my head... I also want to have a fish room when I have my own place... Why not since I already had 2 planted tanks, 2 vivariums and 1 dry terrarium in my room now! And I am always thinking and drawing new scapes when I am idling... Hee... :p

It does not help when my colleague invited us to her new place for housewarming and she was telling us she sealed off her 4th floor... That reminded me of the idea above as I thought I could had converted that extra space into a fish room! Haha... Of course, my dear colleagues guessed right away what I had in mind if that sealed spaces was mine! Haha...

Then, a Mr Ng (hee... :p) showed us his dream-come-true and I just could not stop drooling! Haha... It is like a dream come true for me too if that place is mine! Haha... I AM GOING TO BUILD A FISH ROOM! Haha... And I need to seriously budget for that and start saving! Ho ho ho ho...

I got a new tank to replace the leaking tank... It is an Ocean Free tank and it is taller than the old 1.5ft... Looks good to me... But I made some mistakes when transferring the stuff and broke the canister filter and obtained a swollen ankle in the process!

Bought a new filter ($55!!) to replace the broken one... :o I am going to do something about the big crack... Sim tiah about the $$ spent for no reason! Haha...

The old scape was Noid's Hill, the new one I am naming Bukit Noid Baru (or should it be Bukit Baru Noid?? Hmm...) or New Noid's Hill... But hor, I realised I forgot to follow the construction of the old Noid's Hill... And Bukit Noid Baru is not as tall as I wanted it to be... I am trying to prop it up but everytime I do that the tank water will be cloudy due to the dusty substrate being stirred up... Think the new scape will take another 1-2 weeks to be finally done... :
This is the proposed Bukit Noid Baru scape...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?