Sunday, July 23, 2006

 

Disgusting looking Discus...

What a pity!! I was looking for pretty discus to put in my 4 footer and remembered a particular shop having some pretty strains previously...

And guess what I saw?







Hope you guys can see properly... I was not allowed to take photos and so have to sneak a few quick shots with my handphone... :p

Disgusting, right? The discus shape is gone, with the tail section 'shrunk' into the spine area and the dorsal and anal fins over grown to the tail fin area... The chest of the fish were deformed and pushed out and up towards the 'chin' of the fish...

I asked the owner what's the matter with these fish and he say these beauties are new strains and are VERY popular... And incidentally, they are VERY expensive too...

He was saying the normal shaped discus were no longer popular as 'everyone has them' and so he was not selling them and choose to concentrate selling these ugly monsters...

I was disappointed indeed... He was totally reluctant to bring in any normal shaped discus for selling, even if I had expressed strong interest in buying... Recommending me to go to other shops instead...

These horrible ugly looking discus look really bad and distasteful... And who knows what difficulties they have when feeding or swimming or breeding... They are just like the blood parrot fish... NEVER buy them... Strongly NOT recommended!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?