Wednesday, May 23, 2007

 

Pictures of Singapore Botanical Gardens - Part 1

Oops... Almost forgotten about this... :p

Aquarama is coming again... The once-in-2-years event is one of the, if not the, biggest fish show in the Asia Pacific region... And AQ will be documenting it on its first day, which is a trade day... Cos we have trade passes... Hee... :p And I can finally take a day's leave without feeling guilty of having important work not done... :p

So, before I get caught up with Aquarama pics, let me post up the almost forgotten photos I took when I was at the Singapore Botanica Gardens (SBG) as reported here... :p

Here goes...

To re-cap... Well, on the request of my mum, I brought her and my dad to the SBG. The weather was good and I need a break too and so off we went… We only managed to spend 2 hours there... But we had not walked together like that for a long time. My parents had not been there for like 20 years and the 2hr walk in SBG brought back memories for them…
But they did comment that the park looked different and was sad that some familiar features like the black swans (actually, was told they had been relocated to teh Bt Timah side, which was too far for us to walkto just to see them) and the plant clock were gone… I tell you, the weather is nice, not much sun, but it is DAMN humid… Haha… LOL! Man, this kind of walk is not for me… :p

We started our walk from the Visitors’ Carpark at the Taman Serasi Foodcourt. Where we saw tissue culture at work… :)

Kind of fun to see the bottles being swirled non-stop…

Outside the center, we saw lots of large pieces of driftwood there… And beautifully hand crafted…

Wish I have a tank big enough for them… Haha…

Next, we reach the first pond… Where the terrapins were happily swimming around…

A lonely fellow following us… :p
A trio fighting… :p

No real swans for me to take pictures of… The 2 white ones we saw at the other end of the pond mysteriously disappeared when we reached there… So, here are some substitutes… Heh… :p

Geese? Swans?

Found this at the pond edge.. the flowers look nice…

Ok... That's all for now... Adding photos in Blogspot is quite troublesome... So, add others later... MAYBE after the Aquarama pics... Hee...
Thanks for reading...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?